I think we're just escaping the Winter here in Boston and we've starting to enjoy some early Spring weather. It's amazing how a change in seasons brings you a positive lift and it's one of the reasons why I enjoy living in the Northeast.
Our team has definitely been feeding off this positive energy and I'm sure many of you have noticed some new features when you logged into Traineo. We've been working very hard to improve some of the core components of the site whilst adding enhancements so we hope you like them. There are a few things we're cleaning up so if you notice a few minor issues please rest assured we're getting to them.
Here's a quick summary of what we've just released:
- 'Live' tab replaces the existing default graph view: The goal here was to help user's manage their support network and actions on the site more efficiently. It's similar to a Facebook style 'feed' but very much catered to Traineo's core goal. We hope it improves the experience and makes Traineo a more motivating place!
- BMI data and BMI matches: We've had a number of comments and requests relating to BMI and height data. Both height and BMI are now shown on user profiles (based on user privacy settings) and we've also introduced this into the 'Live' view. There is a new filter that we're quite excited about called 'BMI Matches' which also shows you recent activity from users on the site with similar BMIs.
- Update your weight quick link: Check the top right of the site. We wanted to make weight logging as simple as possible so there's now a quick short-cut.
- Photos tab: Progress photos have had a great response so we would like to cater to that by highlighting it in the user's tool panel. We're looking forward to seeing even more lives change!
- Simple Facebook integration: They'll be more on this to come but we're introducing simple features to allow Traineo user's to use their Facebook 'social graph' to improve their motivation and support. You can now pick your motivators from Facebook. We, like you, get annoyed by Facebook's numerous 'SPAM applications' and we recognize the importance of privacy - our first cut at Facebook integration is light-weight so hopefully it'll be a good starting point for the community to provide us feedback.
I think that's about covered the core features we're adding.
As always, we'd love your feedback on the latest updates and welcome all of your suggestions. Again, please excuse any minor glitches that our team missed at 2am when pushing this version live!
Good luck and I hope everyone enjoys some great weather this spring!